Entry Rationale
With the current price of $25.55 nearing the 20-day resistance level of $26.63, entry will be considered with the expectation of a breakout above the resistance, pending confirmation of accompanying trading volume.
DraftKings and Flutter rally after key Nevada prediction market ruling as SCOTUS showdown looms
DraftKings and Flutter rallied following a key ruling regarding the Nevada prediction market, ahead of a potential showdown at the U.S. Supreme Court (SCOTUS).
With the current price of $25.55 nearing the 20-day resistance level of $26.63, entry will be considered with the expectation of a breakout above the resistance, pending confirmation of accompanying trading volume.
I will monitor for additional trading volume around the current price of $25.55; if the stock reaches the 20-day resistance level of $26.63, I will take profits, and if the support level around $21.32 breaks down, I will cut losses for risk management.
The RSI(14) stands at 51.1, indicating a neutral level. The moving averages are not in a bullish alignment (non-sequential order), trading volume is 0.58 times the 20-day average, and the volatility (rate of change) over the past 7 days is +0.7%.
The past price reaction history for this stock includes +2.7% on 2026-09-03, -3.8% three times on 2026-08-28, and +3.4% on 2026-08-17. In addition, there is a case on 2026-08-25 overlapping with the keyword 'DraftKings' (return of 10.9%, news on maintaining 2026 guidance and core adjusted EBITDA outlook). Although there is no basis for direct similarity, the VEEE case on 2026-07-16 (return of 451.7%) and the LRCX case on 2026-07-06 (return of 346.8%) are worth noting as global top-performing reference cases.
Amid favorable tailwinds from a prediction market ruling ahead of the U.S. Supreme Court showdown, a long position was initiated on the 20th anticipating a breakout above the resistance line. However, it ultimately recorded a loss of -12.9% and was judged a FAILED trade. At the time, observing the setup between the 20-day resistance line ($26.63) and support line ($21.32), we sought to monitor whether additional volume would accompany the move. Ultimately, the candlestick trajectory following September 18, 2026, breached the support line and failed to avoid a downward trend, while trading volume remained subdued at 0.58x the 20-day average—factors that ultimately caused the failure to break upward and triggered a deep correction.
I will take as a lesson from this trade that I entered based solely on expectations of positive news near the resistance level, failing to withstand downward pressure in the absence of supporting volume. In the next trade, I will maintain a conservative approach until confirming the momentum of breaking through the resistance level with trading volume clearly exceeding the 20-day moving average, and I will execute risk management more mechanically if the stop-loss price is breached.